absolute steal!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
last week at the carboot, always on the prowl for 'bushy' kit.

anything O.G draws me faster than s..t off a shovel :D there it was, just caught the start of a name poking out the bag THE... 'oh whats that then?' i said acting a bit thick, young lad replied 'its me brovas, some kind of blow up bed i fink'. before he had finished i had it out of the bag, THERMAREST! 3/4 40mm with a patch on the bottom.

'hmm i dunno, looks had it to me, how much?' i could see the concern on his face, apparently his brother had just popped up to get a cheeseburger and he was hesitant. 'err, £1?' i was almost running trying to stuff it back into the bag getting lost in the crowd :D

been blown up all week so far, no problem. guess where im going tomorrow? :)
ps, the 'young lad' was about 18!

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Hurrah!

Amung my other treasures I found a canvas frame tent (sadly lacking in hanging bedroom) £3

Its now on Ebay. (I didnt think it was quite you thing)

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
last week at the carboot, always on the prowl for 'bushy' kit.

anything O.G draws me faster than s..t off a shovel :D there it was, just caught the start of a name poking out the bag THE... 'oh whats that then?' i said acting a bit thick, young lad replied 'its me brovas, some kind of blow up bed i fink'. before he had finished i had it out of the bag, THERMAREST! 3/4 40mm with a patch on the bottom.

'hmm i dunno, looks had it to me, how much?' i could see the concern on his face, apparently his brother had just popped up to get a cheeseburger and he was hesitant. 'err, £1?' i was almost running trying to stuff it back into the bag getting lost in the crowd :D

been blown up all week so far, no problem. guess where im going tomorrow? :)
ps, the 'young lad' was about 18!

Excellent Woodspirits!

Just as well it was the younger brother on the stall, the other brother might have put an inlated price on it.

I'll get my tilley hat and poncho...

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I LOVE rummaging through boot fairs and skips - there's a little bit of pikey in all of us.
I'm waiting for our local one to start up again. It's those first sales of the year when all the real bargains are to be had when people decide to have a spring clear-out and flog it all off.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I came away with a Brades No 2 axe for £2.00 last week, it cleaned up nice.
Going to put a new haft on it.
At the time of posting this I'm wearing a new pair of Red Head OD multi cargo trousers that I got from the same place for £3.00.
Now that was a bargain.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ah! I am not random! I said I would go to the Car boot...and Lo! I have returned!

faux sigg bottle for 20p, a surplus laundry mesh bag for 50p and a load of model making equitment for £50...

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Got a Normark Super Swede in a Whitby "Ace of Blades" leather belt pouch this morning - knocked the guy down to £1.50 (from the princely sum of £2.50 :rolleyes:) and although the edge was a little rough all it needed was one pass either side on a 600 grit belt and half a dozen swipes either side across a strop and, hey-presto, sharp as you like and ready for work :D

Had I not owned a belt grinder you could add perhaps an additional 2 minutes or so on a bench stone to fettle it :rolleyes:

Same guy I got my Puma from a few weeks ago.

He clearly didn't recognise me which is probably a good thing :)

backwoodsman

Nomad
Jan 22, 2007
lincolshire
i got a cluson shootalite with belt battery pack for £1 !!!! same person charged me £2 for a coleman one because it was bigger, never had the same luck again though.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I found a Grenfell jacket at a car boot last year. It has seen a bit of wear but for £3 it was a real bargain. Also a mohair blanket for £4.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Best car boot bargain I ever got was a gas stove like this one,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Campingaz-c...SDXU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1301244198&sr=8-3

it was full of grease, I asked the price, she said "£4?" I bit her hand off, took it home, cleaned the grease off and it looked brand new.
It must have only been used a couple of times. The last time I saw it was three years ago when I lent it to my in-law while he renovated his house. :(
It's rare I get anything back what I've lent out. :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE