Abronhill camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Hi

Went for a spot of wild camping on Sat with Pete from the forum, ill not do a review of the trip but discuss bits and pieces here instead

Little video start it off

[video=youtube;Yv0QXn4o1Zs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv0QXn4o1Zs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
[video=youtube;Yv0QXn4o1Zs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv0QXn4o1Zs[/video]

Should work for you mate, use the little roll of film picture on the right of the smilie and paste the video URL into that.

Looks like a good camp.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
I take it linky is working?

That teapot cost me a fiver and i love it! Had it on meths,hexy and fire,perfect size for a solo brew,picked up a kuksa cup and i like this combo

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Had bloody cold feet despite two pairs of socks,got that bad I stuck them in my beanie to try and keep them warm,going to look into tent boots.

My three quid charity shop chinos coped really well and we're dead comfy.

The hot water bottle idea using a stainless steel bottle worked good but I put it in early, my feet may have been toasty if I put it in later.

Pocket stove with meths and cheap hexy cooker both performed great, i did manage to knock over the pocket stove and spilled meths but got it sorted. I like having multi fuel flexibility

Quite impressed with the 3x3 dd tarp,looks like a cracking bit of kit,kept our wood and ourselves nice and dry.

Knee pads,will need to buy as well as a sit mat.

Hultafors hvk performance was very good for a five pound knife,batoned and feather sticked easily.

Zebra lunch pot was £13 off the bay,it fits in the side pouches of my ni pack,holds my brew kit,burner and scourer,quite like the plate that comes with it,I used it to keep my food warm,by keeping the water in the pot,bowl in and lid on.

I slept in a Czech bed roll minus blankets just a space blanket,used a army warm weather bag with the Czech green linen liner inside,it rained most of the night but I was warm enough apart from the feet.

The ni pack was decent for a overnighter,it was a bit of a cram but I got it in. I quite like top loading packs and the ability to shove stuff in, my condor pack is a clamshell design and while it's great to organise gear better and to access it quicker I prefer the ni.

Need a better roll mat,my cheap job has left me with an aching shoulders and bum, maybe go for the army roll mat,not quite sure bout these self inflation ones yet

Really like the pattern 58 water bottles,bombproof.

Alpenflage sniper jacket weighs a metric ton,did keep me warm underneath a British army waterproof, on the hunt for something more lightweight but still with decent pockets any thoughts?

Think that's it. Maybe more to come.

Buster

Last edited:

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
The knee pads I used are from Poundland, cheap and cheerful and do the job. Def a good idea on damp leaf mould.

You did really well getting the fire started in the morning as well. Your wee SS kettle really impressed me as well.

A good wee overnighter , despite the rain.

Pete

Edit, hold off buying a sit mat, I will cut you one from my spare, same as I used.

Buster80

Forager
Apr 12, 2015
Scotland
Just got them,thanks

mNaGpZBOvZfpa9EvOkT4Le4c26xNUv4sMhxe0JEmXGWW0CnElvzqEBd-y0GwfFjW4s3SObw3=w1912-h2542

Alpenflage & DPM combo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE