AAAGH theiving "&%)*$

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
One idea might be to get say a clipper for now and if you plan to attend any meets moots etc ask to try a few different types and styles to give you a better idea of what would suit your needs.
Dave.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
British Red said:
Zambezi......could you offer a few details on the axe please? Its a beauty!

Red

BR, apologies for not replying sooner...I have not been on the forum much this week.

The image is cropped from the Woodsmoke website as per the link I supplied in the first entry. I do not own such an axe...yet.

Vince

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
dean4442 said:
Maybe i should have been clearer I like the style of the woodlore but it's the actual knife that just for some reason didn't grab me. I'll probably have a really hard time putting into words just what was the "problem" with it.

Then you should try www.swc-handmade-knives.com .

Woodlore style knives made specifically to order - you should try him, they're great quality. I think Ogri-the-trog ordered a kit from him a while back, so it might wbe worth sending him a PM.

Jake.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
If you are confident enough at woodwork you could try hetting a blade only and putting a handle on it. that way you can make it feel ''just right''

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Worth keeping an eye on e-bay as some thieves aren't as cute as they like to think. This especially so if they don't know the true value of what they've stolen.

A few months ago someone smashed their way trough a high-end gunshop's display window in Tonbridge Wells. They took a few knives amongst which was a very large Alan Wood. However, they overlooked the matching leather sheaf. I still wonder if they understand the true value of what they took and have visions of it being used & abused in all kinds of eye-watering ways! Haven't seen it on e-bay though but maybe one day.

I'll spare you the lecture on what not to leave in a vehicle!

Cheers

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I've been doing just that and also keeping an eye on the local advertising papers just in case they do know what they've got and try to shift it that way!
As for them abusing it then all I can hope is one of the little darlings slips and cuts himself Karma like that would be wonderful :lmao:

Klenchblaize said:
Worth keeping an eye on e-bay as some thieves aren't as cute as they like to think. This especially so if they don't know the true value of what they've stolen.

A few months ago someone smashed their way trough a high-end gunshop's display window in Tonbridge Wells. They took a few knives amongst which was a very large Alan Wood. However, they overlooked the matching leather sheaf. I still wonder if they understand the true value of what they took and have visions of it being used & abused in all kinds of eye-watering ways! Haven't seen it on e-bay though but maybe one day.

I'll spare you the lecture on what not to leave in a vehicle!

Cheers

jamesraykenney

Forager
Aug 16, 2004
Beaumont, TX
bogflogger said:
There is nothing "technically illegal" about any bushcraft knife, provided you have "good reason" to be carrying it. Yes, a private car is legally a "public place" but given the choice of leaving your knife securely locked in a car, or taking it into a restaraunt, which do you think is the responsible option?

What is funny is that, if you ordered a steak, would they have provided you with a knife??? But if you brought one in with you, it would have been illegal...???

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE