A wrights Re-grind

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Just to show my appreciation to a gifted man known on this Parish as Longstrider!
Thanks for doing a wonderful re-grind on my knife!
Just a few pic's to show you lot.
A re-grind, recently bottle necked handle, also chamfered down by the blade end so i can get my thumb on the blade for closer work, and thanks to Kepis from this parish for a wonderful sheath!
This is now one lovely knife!
Thanks for looking!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Erbswurst

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Good for you old chap, bet you are pleased with it now you have it back, I'll check it out next Wednesday on bimble day if I may.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Just to show my appreciation to a gifted man known on this Parish as Longstrider!
Thanks for doing a wonderful re-grind on my knife!
Just a few pic's to show you lot.
A re-grind, recently bottle necked handle, also chamfered down by the blade end so i can get my thumb on the blade for closer work, and thanks to Kepis from this parish for a wonderful sheath!
This is now one lovely knife!
Thanks for looking!!!!

Looks very nice. It seems a few people have had the A Wright reground. Did you get that grind a bit higher, and if so why? I'm thinking of getting one of these. It looks like a cracker. Is that the rosewood handle?

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Looks very nice. It seems a few people have had the A Wright reground. Did you get that grind a bit higher, and if so why? I'm thinking of getting one of these. It looks like a cracker. Is that the rosewood handle?

I've regroups one for someone - the stock is too low of an angle. Depending on what you want, you could end up spending as much rectifying issues as just buying something different in the first place.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I've regroups one for someone - the stock is too low of an angle. Depending on what you want, you could end up spending as much rectifying issues as just buying something different in the first place.
Interesting . Thanks for that Stew, that's good advice. It's a really mixed bag on the opinion of this knife. Certainly the stock grind looks too low to me.
Such a shame as it's a British blade that they don't seem to want to change.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Interesting . Thanks for that Stew, that's good advice. It's a really mixed bag on the opinion of this knife. Certainly the stock grind looks too low to me.
Such a shame as it's a British blade that they don't seem to want to change.

The amount of extra work in this....

A.Wright%2BBushcraft%2BKnife%2B7.JPG

Reactions: Erbswurst

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

I reckon you could make a better choice in the first place. I tried a friends one of these over several weeks and couldn’t get it sharp enough to do much with due to the low scandi grind, it just didn’t take an edge due to the low grind. It was hopeless for carving, any sort of food prep, it drilled good holes and batoned like a wood maul. A total disappointment, there are far better and more versatile knives out there for around that price. I’d never go 4mm on a trad bushy anyway, 3-3.5mm maybe.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I reckon you could make a better choice in the first place. I tried a friends one of these over several weeks and couldn’t get it sharp enough to do much with due to the low scandi grind, it just didn’t take an edge due to the low grind. It was hopeless for carving, any sort of food prep, it drilled good holes and batoned like a wood maul. A total disappointment, there are far better and more versatile knives out there for around that price. I’d never go 4mm on a trad bushy anyway, 3-3.5mm maybe.
Cool, thanks Nice65. This is pretty much the conclusion I'm getting to.
4mm is pretty chunky. I'll keep researching!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE