A wright knife sheath no:2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I bought this knife from a member some time ago and I have finally made it a home. It's a different design to the other a wright sheath I made for my rosewood version,Hope you like it. Ps I'm having trouble matching the stitch wholes at the back any advice would be appreciated.
pe4esa9y.jpg
jy3uvavy.jpg
8ydama8y.jpg

Oct 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Nice sheath. I have this same knife and I was wondering what you think about its sharpness and in particular the angle of the factory grind? I have been advised it's a decent knife but can be vastly improved by altering the grind. Not something I'd consider doing myself, but I have a knife-making friend who could do it for me. I believe the factory edge is biased towards strength and durability rather than sharpness, although I haven't had any issues with mine.
Regards,
Kevin.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Thanx everyone, beater I think it's a great knife and find it plenty sharp, the one in this pic had a regrind by the person I bought it off, although my rosewood version hasn't and that is hair popping sharp, I personally don't think it's needed

Oct 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
beater I think it's a great knife and find it plenty sharp, the one in this pic had a regrind by the person I bought it off, although my rosewood version hasn't and that is hair popping sharp, I personally don't think it's needed

Thanks for your reply monkey boy. That's reinforced my thoughts and as I'm happy with mine in standard grind, I'll leave it alone. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE