A Worthwhile Day Out

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Went on a bit of a bimble today to a small,remote & very nice disused resevoir
which I found out from local enquiries was a small hill loch many many years ago and had the water level raised by way of a dam wall . Having been made redundant by the water board about 15 years ago and no fishing club or private syndicate using it or even knowing if there were any fish in it I packed my small bushcrafty fishing kit and had a go .
Would you believe it after a pleasant 3 mile walk in and about 20 minutes fishing I caught myself a wild brown trout . When I got home I cooked it up as a pre dinner snack and good it was too.
P5230532.jpg

P5230536.jpg

P5230534.jpg

P5230538.jpg

P5230539.jpg

P5230540.jpg

My method of cooking is very simple,clean out the fish,chop of the head and tail,season with salt & pepper place in a tin foil parcel with an ice cube . Pop in the oven at 180c for 20 mins and there you go :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Evening Huntersforge,
Good find and a nice wee catch. I'm about to sit down to some freshly home made brownie gravalax with a pudding of freshly howked stewed rhubarb and Kirriemuir gingerbread Oh boy.
In the fourth picture down, where the trouts head once was there looks like there's an ice cube? Is this a reflection in the foil, frozen stock or indeed an ice cube? Sorry just curious as I do love different things when I'm cooking.
Cheers
Goatboy.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
it's an ice cube, says so under the picture ;)

looked like a realy nice day out

Opps,
Thanks Hiho, you're right, was too busy thinking about the yummy fish that I didn't see that.
So is it there for moistness? never heard of anyone doing that, how did you come up with that idea? I think Huntersforge may be a nom de plume for Heston? :lmao:
Goatboy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE