A wild fox visited me while I was building a house in the forest alone.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leo Seven

May 23, 2020
Bulgaria. Sofia
www.youtube.com
I made a desision to go to a forest to build a small wooden house without nails.
I use just an axe and a saw because I have no any other tools.
I use only trees felled by the wind and do not touch standing trees.
One of the beautiful days during dinner (which I cooked at the stake), a brazen, scary fox came to me and I fed it. I have got a New friend. Part 1 is ready and I hope I Will ffinish to build as soon as possible.

I made a desision to go to a forest to build a small wooden house without nails.
I use just an axe and a saw because I have no any other tools.
I use only trees felled by the wind and do not touch standing trees.
One of the beautiful days during dinner (which I cooked at the stake), a brazen, scary fox came to me and I fed it. I have got a New friend. Part 1 is ready and I hope I Will ffinish to build as soon as possible.
It is always very special when a wild animal makes contact.
Regards, Keith.

Reactions: Leo Seven

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Well filmed. A couple of the shots of axe work made me nervous for your fingers and toes (well fingers and feet really). Chopping the notch towards your hand and removing branches from the log, one foot each side. I know folk say they are careful and practiced, but I know someone with more blade experience than most here who put an axe into the top of his foot and several who have had bad knife cuts doing things they should have known were not good technique. Until I met up with the wider group here, I only had my own experience to go on, which didn't include such serious accidents.

In the US and UK the usual advice is not to feed wildlife like that. Encouraging animals into camp, getting them to associate people with food, and eroding their caution around people. Close encounters are nice, I have had a couple with young foxes here in England, but that was in September when they are out and exploring. Having an adult come that close seems strange.

Chris

Leo Seven

May 23, 2020
Bulgaria. Sofia
www.youtube.com
Well filmed. A couple of the shots of axe work made me nervous for your fingers and toes (well fingers and feet really). Chopping the notch towards your hand and removing branches from the log, one foot each side. I know folk say they are careful and practiced, but I know someone with more blade experience than most here who put an axe into the top of his foot and several who have had bad knife cuts doing things they should have known were not good technique. Until I met up with the wider group here, I only had my own experience to go on, which didn't include such serious accidents.

In the US and UK the usual advice is not to feed wildlife like that. Encouraging animals into camp, getting them to associate people with food, and eroding their caution around people. Close encounters are nice, I have had a couple with young foxes here in England, but that was in September when they are out and exploring. Having an adult come that close seems strange.

Chris
Thank. I have been using an ax since childhood and thank God all fingers are in place. But yes, sometimes I’m not careful and I should be careful.
I was also surprised by the fact that the fox is not afraid of me. He even climbed into my backpack. And he wanted to come very close to me, I had to scare him a little, because maybe he could bite me.
He came to me several times and did not always eat. So the fact that he is very hungry is not considered.

Leo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE