A Wee Play In The Garden...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Got some new shiney things today after seeing them at Glentrool and couldn't wait to try them so I had a wee brew in the back garden and got to play with my new toys :D :D

Oooooh new shineys...... not shiney for long :D

DSC00304.jpg

Had some kindling left from the chiminea (Sp?) so batoned that down into bite size pieces for my new toy

DSC00305.jpg

Got it lit with some tindercard, no action shots of me with my firesteel, was home alone :( The baking tray was a vein attempt not to scorch the grass. It kind of worked.

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

Another new shiney being blackened!! :D

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

After about 10 minutes and several sticks later, it really is a very relaxing thing keeping this wee beauty going, my water was nearly at a rolling boil...

DSC00311.jpg

Which made a lovely brew! :D

DSC00312.jpg

I'm over the moon with this setup so expect more pics to come of it all over the place!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Nice one there. I have been looking at the stove for a bit now. Do you think there worth the money or just stick with the hobo. I had a day in the garden too but doing slightly more mundane things like working on my van.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
They're definitely worth the money bud great little things and very versatile.

Jason, I already have the civvy Trangia burner so that will be getting tried out in the stove very soon :D just the novelty of burning wood took my fancy today :)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
With the trangia burner it does say you can just use 4 sides and have a sqaure stove, but I found that to be a little wobbly, if you use all 6 the plate with the hole in for the trangia it works really well.

I did the same with my coke can stove but shoved tent pegs through the holes and it got rid of the wobble.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Ooohh nice..

Get the pine into it for a nice sticky blackening.

Been thinking of the honey for a while but think my old hobo set up is up to my needs.

So spent some dosh on one of those compasses that slide on your watchstrap.

Oh and a scout hammock for the daysack, so I can get a wee lie down after venturing 200 yards into the wilderness..:lmao:

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Nice 1 Scotty , aye yer getting the gear bud , next a u need is whitebox meths burner , it goes well with the honey stove ...
oh my shiney's

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Haha it's a never ending money pit this bushcraft malarcy!

Think that was pine I was burning cos the bottom of the billy can is basically painted black although my tree identification is terrible. It was petrol station kindlers so I'm guessing pine.

We'll need to get out soon and try out our new stuff, or possibly go camping, I'm dying to get away again lol :D

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Ooohh nice..

Get the pine into it for a nice sticky blackening.

Been thinking of the honey for a while but think my old hobo set up is up to my needs.

So spent some dosh on one of those compasses that slide on your watchstrap.

Oh and a scout hammock for the daysack, so I can get a wee lie down after venturing 200 yards into the wilderness..:lmao:

Aye Tam , yer getting auld bud, a hammock so I can get a wee lie down after venturing 200 yards into the wilderness

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Nice 1 Scotty , aye yer getting the gear bud , next a u need is whitebox meths burner , it goes well with the honey stove ...
oh my shiney's

Was thinking of making one out of the Lynx cans but will leave that for another day, got the Tranigia burner in the mean time.

I need to stop coming to these meets so I can save money rather that turning into a Magpie and having to buy anything that I see that's shiney!! :lmao:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Was thinking of making one out of the Lynx cans but will leave that for another day, got the Tranigia burner in the mean time.

I need to stop coming to these meets so I can save money rather that turning into a Magpie and having to buy anything that I see that's shiney!! :lmao:

Ach it's fun, then you can start selling it all again for what you really (think) you need..;)

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Dave, get ur self doon ti st ninian's beech mate , if i was that close ti it i'm be doon there awe the time ... or even killintrigan ao corsewall point , u have some great spots on yer door step bud ...

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Love St Ninian's beech, really special place, always makes me feel kinda strange when i'm there, and i'm not in the least religious. I'll have a look at the other two places mate

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE