A walk in the hills

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Just for a change from the usual camping , canoeing trips , Me (Jason) and (colin,coln18) decided to do a couple of munroes Beinn Dubhchraig and Ben Oss just outside tyndrum ,As it was we only managed one ,due to my lack of crampons .
Here are some pics hope you like them.
BenDubhChraig009.jpg

The start of the walk looking at Ben lui

BenDubhChraig016.jpg

Colin summiting a boulder half way up the hill

BenDubhChraig017.jpg

BenDubhChraig023.jpg

On the way to the summit (and with me with no crampons !not good!!!

BenDubhChraig027.jpg

BenDubhChraig028.jpg

BenDubhChraig029.jpg

BenDubhChraig024.jpg

Colin at the summit trying to have a shave with a crampon! dont know why his knife is not sharp enough to shave him!!
BenDubhChraig022.jpg

BenDubhChraig036.jpg

The quick way down, sit on a black bag and Weeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
BenDubhChraig038.jpg

Colin having a go at an ice axe arrest

Last edited:

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Nice photos...

I miss Scotland.. I thought there would be more snow.

Any how looks like a good time was had by all.

One note of caution be careful when sliding around wearing Crampons... If they catch on something you can end up with all sorts of problems...

Cheers

John

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Nice photos...

I miss Scotland.. I thought there would be more snow.

Any how looks like a good time was had by all.

One note of caution be careful when sliding around wearing Crampons... If they catch on something you can end up with all sorts of problems...

Cheers

John

John, another year or two and you may be right about the crampons, thats me 40 now and i could just about lift my feet above the snow line to slide down the mountain side, but still better than old crazy horse himself climbing mountains without ice axe and crampons, even better was that i didnt realise he was following me back down the mountain, especially because i was finding it easier walking back down through the snow and ice fields on the crampons, he must of hated me by the end of the day... but sure was funny watching him, he was like a new born giraffe on a olympic size ice rink - made my day it did!!!!!! :35:

colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE