A truly magical wildlife moment! (Picc Heavy of a Stoat)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fungi2bwith

Feb 27, 2008
hampshire
Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. Incidentally, although I can't be certain from the picture, the fungi looks like Mitrophora semilibera (semi-free morel) and not the tasty morchella esculanta or morchella elata

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
awesome!! you lucky bu**er! the only stoat I've ever seen was one that I tried to avoid on a motorway (whilst going just ever so slightly over the speed limit) and resulted in my stopping just short of the tree line. escaped totally unhurt until I stepped out of the car and fell straight down the ditch that my car was straddling!
Love the combination of photos though - he's got a proper cheeky look to him.

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
Great photos. Near where I live there are animals called Marders, which are a bit bigger than a stoat, but still belong to the weasel family. But they are absolutely fearless, to the extent of cheekiness. They also have a penchant for chewing rubber hoses, like brakelines.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE