A Trio of Love Spoons

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Have not carved for a while been busy with life, so I was glad when I had the chance to make these for some friends.

Top - Birch. Middle - Hazel. Bottom - Willow.
IMG_5487_zps450eb526.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]]

618d8ee0-eaf9-4f2b-a7c9-3c18e9a1a9c3_zps2627527b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Wonderful, great to see such lovely craftsmanship; traditional Welsh artifacts made in Wales to be shared around, excellent!

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Great work Dean. I was wondering why you were quiet. Hope life has been treating you well.

I damaged my wrist a while back which hampered my carving, it's not quite healed fully but enough to start carving again. Life has been kind enough to grant me another Daughter who will join us in April so I officially become a minority in my own household then.

Brilliant work there. I especially like the Birch one.

People like this one the most and I have had to make this on several occasions, the photo does not do it justice.

Thanks guys for the comments.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Was the bottom willow spoon carved with purely a knife or did u use files and other tool. I have to say they are stunning. You must be very proud of the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Wow they're all absolutely stunning! Quick question..how come the top birch one has a full bowl, yet in the seperate picture of what appears to be the same spoon, theres now a heart in the bowl? Just slightly confused by this haha!

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Was the bottom willow spoon carved with purely a knife or did u use files and other tool. I have to say they are stunning. You must be very proud of the outcome.

Tools I used were - Mora 120 carving knife, Mora spoon knife and Flexcut palm carving tools. I could have done them with just the knives but that would have take more time, the Flexcut just made life easier.

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Wow they're all absolutely stunning! Quick question..how come the top birch one has a full bowl, yet in the seperate picture of what appears to be the same spoon, theres now a heart in the bowl? Just slightly confused by this haha!

Different Spoon, that one was made as a wedding present and I did not want to start another post, sorry I should have stated that!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Those are beautiful spoons - I love the Willow one... all sinuous goodness...
You have every right to be a big headed show off ... but you remain quite a nice bloke!:)
Good luck and congrats on the prospect of a new daughter :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE