A snowshoe trek and overnighter

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
After all the hustle and bustle and familey commitments of christmas the missus finally let me head off out in to the mountains .

We headed out to a spot in a mountain valley that I noted last summer as a possible good place for a winter camp, it worked out well.

When I arrived home this morning my two year old daughter said as soon as I came in the door " daddy been sleeping in the woods" that made my day :)

I thought I would share a few photos with you all

The debris from an avalanche across the trail

Last edited:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
One day i may have to take you up on that offer.
Out of interest that last picture is it the local equivilant to a hunting high chair or obs tower? Browsing on me phone so cant quite make it out

Hi

Yes its the Bavarian equivalent of a UK hunting high chair, there are loads of them around the valleys and lower mountain paths in this area . There quite nice just to go and sit in and watch nature from

Thanks for your comments guys :)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
things like this make me soooo jelouis.... would love to get back , last time i was in the Alps was 1991 :(

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Wow, looks great! Your a lucky man!

Thankyou, it does look great. I dont think I will ever get bored of looking at mountains

Nah, that looks rubbish, not for me thanks

:bluThinki

HAHAHA ;):lmao:

Nice pictures, looks like you had a fun time

Thanks for sharing :)

It was a lot of fun, although it was not as cold as it looks in the photos :)

things like this make me soooo jelouis.... would love to get back , last time i was in the Alps was 1991 :(

Dont wanna make you jealous mate;) , let me know if you do make it back to the Alps maybe you can join me for a beer:)

Inspiring stuff as usual Salad :)

Reading your posts always makes me want to get out even more.

I will try to keep em coming for you bud :)

Looks like quite a lot of fun.

Thankyou, its always fun to get out and it was well needed after christmas

Damn! Thats looks nice.

Thankyou , I love it here

The scenery looks nice, but not sure about that funny white stuff :confused:

Tis just talcum powder really .:p

Yea I have just learnt how to multi quote my posts .(have been wondering how to do this for ages).:eek:

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
That looks wonderfull indeed!
Doesn't look too cold, though.
Time to drag my carcass out there again, too. I just wish we had some decent winterweather again.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
That looks wonderfull indeed!
Doesn't look too cold, though.
Time to drag my carcass out there again, too. I just wish we had some decent winterweather again.

Hi Ron

Your right mate, it was not that cold . In the night we even had a little rain, I think the temp was hovering around zero .
It quite warm for this time of year , we had some days in Jan last year where it dropped to -25

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE