A shout out to some good guys

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Last week I spent 2 days volunteering with a local group called 'The Conservation Volunteers', we were hedgelaying in Castleford. This is a good country skill, that is not quite as easy as it first seems. These guys carry out all sorts of projects of a woodland nature. From dry stone walling to willow sculptures. They even have volunteer holidays, some of which have been with some of the best bushcraft schools, or carrying out woodland management in the lakes.

There were about 10 volunteers, all from around West Yorkshire, who gave up their time to help out. I've never been involved in voluntary work before, and was surprised when the opportunity came up, not only to help out a local community, but learn a new skill.

These guys are based in West Yorkshire, but carry out woodland work all over the country and abroad, and need all the help they can get. Its a fantastic opportunity to do something close to nature, so if any of you locals have any free time and want to learn something new or just help out give them a shout.

http://www.tcv.org.uk/

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Will give these a coyt of looking at. Always fancied a crack at dry stone walling. Cheers :cool:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE