A short trip across the North downs

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
This is long overdue but here goes!
In my October half term i spent 3 days hiking across the north downs around sevenoaks. It was wonderful and we did the same kind of thing last year,. we brought all our own food except for a bit of chicken. We were very lucky with the weather as it didnt rain until the last day. The first campsite was really nice and had good facilities however the second wasnt as good and was a bit more simple. We took our Vango tempest 300 and i slept great in my alpkit pipedream 600(Best sleeping bag ever!!! IMO) and i slept on my alpkit dirtbag the first night but i kindly lent it to my mum on the second night as it she got terrible back ache. ( she said it made a huge difference :) ) We saw lots of fungi along the way.
Anyway enough babble. Some Pics! :)

106_0683.jpg

Me and bro! (Im on the left)
106_0687.jpg

My bro with a amazing view behind him! This was taken at the top of a killer hill!
106_0689.jpg

A huge beech tree
106_0709.jpg

Huge mass of fungi! (Foot for scale) Any ideas?
106_0711.jpg

Bramble (I think) growing in the top of a post! (they really will grow anywhere)
106_0716.jpg

Some birch polypore
106_0717.jpg

Some tiny tiny fungus
106_0723.jpg

Boys at camp enjoying porridge mmmmmm.......
106_0726.jpg

Get the trangia fired up for the 2nd brew of the morning (many more to come)
106_0730.jpg

Brew Time!!
106_0734.jpg

LNT
106_0736.jpg

Mum and Bro on last day. (notice the rain covers) Pi$$ed it down that day! :(

We had a great time although we had to bail on the last day as it rained too much.
Overall a great time had by all. I can thoroughly recommend the Alpkit stuff. Also got some titanium snapwire. Also amazing :)
Sorry about the bad quality pics.
Thanks for looking :)
Jacob

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Jacob, thanks for sharing the pics

It's cool that you have a mum that comes hiking with you

Glad you like the PD600

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Great post. I occasionally read your posts and hadn't realised you were so young (I'm 71 so most people seem young to me) : you obviously have a maturity beyond your years. I get a real kick out of seeing young people enjoying thing that I do, it gives one a sense of continuity and is a useful antidote to the negative stereotypes of the young so beloved of the media. Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE