A SEAL Pup Elite and some random skills

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I was sitting on the deck practicing some firecraft techniques with some different knives. I thought I'd post these to show that the SEAL Pup does have some bushcrafting value. The knife really is great to work with on tedious stuff, nice and light and doesn't fatigue the arm. A piece of Elm, a piece of Maple, and a piece of Sycamore.

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

I was cutting a piece of wire earlier today and after cutting it decided to test the Power Lock some. I cut and stripped some 12 ga copper wire, and the cut some 8 penny nails; common, finish, and galvanized steel it handled them all great with only a loss of some coating in the cutting area. I really like the gear drive, made cutting a breeze. As a note I have permanently damaged my old Leathermans doing this in a pinch at work. I also twisted one with no ill effects of the nose of the pliers. This sure seems to be a tough little multi-tool.

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Just wondering if there is a stated purpose for the 'hump' in the spine of the knife? i've not come across that before. Also, do you know the ridges on the spine marketed for anything in particular? Both unusual features!

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Just like to add a tiny amount to that fantastic review if I may, in that I have one of these knives, and I really do find it excellent. It's as strong as a midget wrestlers forearm, superbly sharp, and so light you can carry it without weight penalty. I love the fact it does detail work so well, and not just the splitting tyoe chores you associate with a camp knife.

As someone who has always had heavy knives in the past, this is the one that finally convinced me to trust the lightweight end of the spectrum.

Brilliant piece of kit. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE