a recent thumbstick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
a friend of mine noticed some of my carvings on here and asked if i could make a similar item... well heres the result of my efforts, i hope you like it. more importantly i hope he likes it, he hasnt seen it yet! :D

001-1.jpg

015-1_zps1fb2d852.jpg

014-1_zpsdb0b64f5.jpg

008-1_zps17e723a0.jpg

003_zps26cd1d02.jpg

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Very nice indeed Steve, I think they'll be well chuffed with that :)

thanks Steve, yes i do hope so! :)

001-1.jpg

Very nice. Is that a round stone? Did you decorate this as well?

Wow Steve... This is absolutely beautiful!!! Outstanding job mate. Do you know what the stone is?

hiya Dave, Matt thanks for looking,

its not entirely round as in globe, but it is a tumbled disk of the jasper family. this one is spider or spiders web jasper and the black lines form naturally, i picked this one because it was a requested colour and to me it depicts a scene. this crystal also has some particularily nice properties, and it felt right :)

Last edited:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Wow I love that, I genuinely thought that stone had a picture of a river next to some woods painted on it. Thats amazing!

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Wow I love that, I genuinely thought that stone had a picture of a river next to some woods painted on it. Thats amazing!

thanks mate, :) yes the stone is a beauty good find.

That's beautiful! I'd love one like that although I already have a stang.

thanks Elen glad you appreciate it. i had to research 'stang', you surprise me have to have a chat at NW! :)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
That's brilliant, love all the carving and the stone inset at the too is real nice

Lovely piece of work thanks for posting

Incredible how you made the walking stick with the stone looking like it's depicting a scene.:D

thanks guys i really enjoyed doing it too, nice how all the different elements work. :)

an absolute beauty Steve! the woodspirit and spiral speak to me deeply indeed very envious ;)

cheers Hamish, ah, you know of the symbol then? we'll have to have that chat one day, :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE