a question for the leather workers amongst us

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rimmer

Apr 1, 2010
eastsussex
i have some 1.4 mm larp and was wondering if it would be sutable for a possables pouch and could i use it for an axe mask if not what should i use and what do you think i should use the larp for

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Ahh..Leather.Never heard it called larp before!:)
In that case probably a bit too thin for the op's projects.Could double it up?...

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
It's probably undyed split leather (as opposed to fullgrain) & if it's veg tanned (i.e. fairly firm ) then yes you could make a pouch & axe mask with it. It won't look as good or develope as much character as full grain though. I've made a few hats using splits & I like the rough & distressed look you can from it & once dyed & waxed will be as water-resistant as any other type of leather (except suede of course).
If it's supple stuff then ya kinda limited with what you can do with it, bags, moccassins, chaps, clothing , native American type objects, etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE