A question for all those of you with a bug out bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
Right, so the world hasn't ended, and your left with your apocalypse bob. What to do with it?
How about taking it and trying to use it as your only kit for a weekend/72 hour trip out?
Are you confident that your apocalypse supplies would sustain you?

Anyone willing to try this? Please feel free to post pics etc if you do try
Atb
Ben

(P.s. sorry if this is on the wrong place)

Sent using the force

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Same thing I was always gonna do with it; use it for REAL emergency evacuations. Hurricanes, forest fires, floods, etc.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I can understand what your suggesting Ben but I'd guess the average BOB would be close enough to what they use for a casual camp out + a bit more to make such an idea a little redundant

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Most people would just take their bushcrafting gear....which probably needs cleaning from the last trip :D

Anyone with unused "kit" whose life depends on it....is probably going to die fairly quickly. You cannot buy survival chances - you have to earn them.

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
If you haven't already then yes that's exactly what I'd be doing. Having watched the whole series of Doomsday Preppers they all had one thing in common - Test runs.

If prepping and bug out planning is your bag (ha ha, your bag..did you see what I did there?....ah forget it..) then you should have a bag full of kit you're familiar with.

Plenty of test runs should mean honing your skills and having a better idea of what really works out there and what doesn't.

Perhaps go do your 72 hours and take some piccys. Something for us all to look out for in the out and about section :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE