A Pilgrim's sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks for that, I've walked a couple of the old pilgrim routes in Europe and you do see some folks walking in 'traditional garb'.

The bag looks interesting, I'd always thought the old 58 pattern bag might be the ideal choice for a rough sleeper and this is similar in some ways.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Some will have followed a modern Pilgrim's journey, He has now assisted in the development of a waterproof sleeping bag that could be massiveley useful to the rough sleeper and may be available to the recreational out door sleeper eventually.

I think you are referring to what is called the ''Duffily'' bag (invented by Emily Duffy), it is made from bubble wrap, one very big minus is that it is fitted with reflective strips to make the bag more visible at night, it is fitted with velcro closures for quick exit of bag which may indeed be necessary due to it having reflective strips !

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
It looks like a good idea, but it just doesn't look warm enough, especially for winter. Good on him for helping out though.

Tonyuk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE