Trip Report A perfect weekend ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got home from a weekend in the woods with my buddy Rolly. A great weekend made perfect by superb weather. We met on the Friday morning and put up our tarps by the fire area but decided that putting a tarp over the communal area would be a sin against the weather gods and enjoyed all of our activities in the most glorious late spring/early summer sun and star shine.
Activities included making nettle cord, remaking some old toggle ropes to keep on site, clearing brambles from pathways, birdwatching (nesting Great Spotted Woodpeckers feeding the young :) ), chair repair, axe sharpening, knife maintenance, cooking, eating, drinking, putting the world to rights etc
Simple pleasures but just what was needed!
DSCI0002.JPGDSCI0011.JPGDSCI0012.JPGDSCI0013.JPGDSCI0014.JPGDSCI0015.JPGDSCI0016.JPGDSCI0017.JPGDSCI0018.JPGDSCI0019.JPGDSCI0020.JPGDSCI0021.JPGDSCI0022.JPGDSCI0023.JPGDSCI0026.JPGDSCI0027.JPGDSCI0028.JPGDSCI0029.JPGDSCI0030.JPGDSCI0031.JPGDSCI0032.JPGDSCI0034.JPG

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have been using these woods for coming on 15 years, walk through them most mornings and love 'em to bits. When we have too many folk visit to all sleep in the house (such as for my Mother in Law's funeral) then the woods were my bedroom for a week while the house was chaos of folk sleeping in beds or on the floor in every room ... my "sane" place. The new owners of the woods are great people, plan to camp in the woods and have asked my perm to use the cooking area :) they think of that part of the woods as more mine than theirs :) They have also just said that I can use the tap in their nearby field (the tap is on the Shepherds Hut they built) so we do not have to haul in water from vast distances any more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE