Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
P6040008.jpg

P6040015.jpg

Anyone know the brand?

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Richard's Lamppost. We all wanted this one but usually had to settle for the smaller version with the spear point, not the clip as on this, the larger version. The scales had a tendency to fall off but could be repaired. The best thing about them was the pocket money price. I had at least two when I was seven or eight years old so the knife shown may be about sixty years old.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep, cheap as chips with hollow tinny "bolsters" that dented with finger pressure. Blades were okay though. The scale were held on by bent over lugs!

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Yeah I know the brand. As said a cheap as chips Sheffield maker. I found a guy at the local market selling a box of their pen knives for £1 a piece.

Since I keep loosing my penknives I figured I'd buy a few so got 5, it would have been more but only had a fiver on me.

Anyway they are built strongly enough. But I was particularly taken with the orange scales! :D

dscn2333p.jpg

dscn2334s.jpg

I believe the company went out of business in the late 70's

Andy

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I've got a TINY one with 2 blades on it that's really old. Not the best knife in my collection by any stretch but it's so small I kinda like it just sitting next to the real ones. Those orange scales on the one above look pretty cool!

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Can't go wrong at £4! Surely it'll get to a point where you don't see many in future, might even be the case already...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE