A Nice Day Out....

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
I went out for a walk and a pic~nick today with the wife & not so little harry. It was an awesome day & the weather was great....

Just thought I would share.

Its on the edge of the moore's, a place called Osmotherly, hope you like it....

5ec57f73-394b-2380.jpg
5ec57f73-395a-d971.jpg
5ec57f73-3969-0954.jpg
5ec57f73-397b-9b32.jpg
5ec57f73-398d-15db.jpg
5ec57f73-399f-0929.jpg
5ec57f73-39ad-c4d0.jpg
5ec57f73-39bd-7fff.jpg
5ec57f73-39cc-6b4d.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
well we started off by the brook, the idea was to have a bbq and relax there for the after noon, but the place was packed with families who had the same idea as us, so we sacked the bbq so not to upset any other families sitting on the grass, we had sarnies and soaked up the sun while Harry B had a long sleep in his sun tent...

we packed up after Harry B had his bottle, we left all the heavy stuff in the car and just took some drinks and brew kit allong with Harry's stuff...

we walked over to the lake where a very nice man helped us to lift the buggy over the silly gate thing, we had a slow walk and Harry loved being in the trees, it was his first trip out in the woods and he could not take hie eyes of the very tall Pine's...

we stopped at the lake wall and fed the Geese family, a male female and 3 goslings (think thats the right name), they lapped up the bread we had taken, but mum was very protective giving me a good his every now and then. after that we headed up the his towards the woods and to the track beyond, this takes us back round to the car park, and its a good job we have an off road buggy, because we bloomin well needed it.....:)

then it was across the brook at the ford and down the road back to the car park, a quick brew for me, a warm bottle for Harry B, and a glass of diet coke for shazza...:)

on the road going back round there was a lizard, it must have been soaking up the heat from the road and got squished, things like this really pee me of when i realize how much of an impact we have on the world we live in, even if its not done with malice....

hope you enjoyed our day, we did...

regards to all....

chris.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Good stuff Chris,and some nice pics, must be lizard squishing season,i came across quite a few on my walk this morning(along with flattend frogs,toads and slugs ) its great getting out with the kids,especially in decent weather,off up North with mine for a long weekend tomorrow. Cheers.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
nice to hear your getting out Andy, shame about the critters though ehhhh....:( enjoy the weekend and keep safe dude..;)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
we have one, but he cant quite hold his head up on his own yet, and he needs to with that carrier, we took the chunky buggy with us, the 3 wheel type with big tyres, that are filled with green slime by the way....:)

I used to like running with the 3 wheel buggy. By the time my son was about 6-8 months we were walking mountains in the Lakes with him in a backback. There dear little souls take it all in from up there.

A great day out for you and the family. :bigok:

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
When our littleun was too small for the ruck sack we had a Tomy safari front sling thingy. It was hard on your back but I used to wear a xxxl flektarn waterproof over the top on wet/cold days - worked a treat!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE