A new toy arrived - How about this for generosity

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Yo dudes. How about this for generosity I had a PM from someone in the USA on BCUSA saying he had been given a toy in a giveaway.
It realised it wasn't what he wanted or would use enough so as it is a UK legal knife asked if I wanted it as he saw I was in on the giveaway thread and from the UK.

I asked how much.....nothing
How about postage....nothing

Arrived today and just looked and now must be collectable as it is now discontinued even though no box and has been used (dirty but not beat up)
It's no wonder we all like the World Wide Bushcraft Community is it

It is one of these:

[h=3]Spyderco T-Mag ~ C115CFP
MSRP $249.95[/h]

length overall 7 " (178 mm) blade length 2.938 " (75 mm) blade steel CPM S30V
length closed 4.125 " (105 mm) cutting edge 2.5 " (64 mm) weight 2.8 oz (81 g)
blade thickness .125 " (3 mm) handle material CARBON FIBER

Innovational knifemaker Ralph Turnbull's new Spyderco collaboration is the C115 T-Mag folder. It houses a powerful Rare Earth (Neodymium NdFeB) Magnet, mounted internally in the knife's spine where the blade and handle join. The magnet performs the same function as a notch- or slip-joint, holding the blade open when used and closed when pocketed by way of magnetic pull. Gunmetal gray carbon fiber handle scales, and Titanium liners, have a pronounced finger choil that places the index finger behind the cutting edge further blocking the knife blade from closing when you're cutting. The flat-ground blade is laser cut CPMS30V high-carbon steel that is well known in knife circles for exceptional long term edge retention and performance. The finger choil and the spot on the blade's spine above the round hole have jimping (texturing) further keeping the hand engaged safely on the handle while cutting. The wire clip is ambidextrous, positioning the closed knife to carry in a pocket knife tip up.
Made in Golden, Colorado U.S.A. Earth

[TD="colspan: 2"]
length overall7 " (178 mm)blade length2.938 " (75 mm)blade steelCPM S30V
length closed4.125 " (105 mm)cutting edge2.5 " (64 mm)weight2.8 oz (81 g)
blade thickness.125 " (3 mm)handle materialCARBON FIBER
[/TD]

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Amazing stuff, i was given a swedish army axe out of the blue in quite similar circumstances.....its quite humbling to be on the the recieving end of such generosity

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE