A new "small" axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!
Made a little bigger axe ready this week hope you like it .
And hold it are my 10 years old kid :cool:
Cegga
Kydex.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Man thats a beauty mate - can I have some more pictures of the head and from the top please?

Looks like it would make a great working axe!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nothing wrong with four lugs and double bits Mic' ! :D

That profile would work great on the big logs for my wood burner. How heavy is the head - 2.5 Kg?

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmm 2.5kg head....

I skip from 1.5 to about 4 now there is definitely a gap in my collection for something like that :)

I'm finding myself using the "homestead" sized axes more and more these days in the new house. My GB working axe gets the most use for rendering wood stove sized piece s for cooking, but I have to get the 8lb maul out for the big stuff. That would reallt fill a spot.

What is it intended for mate? Surely not cross grain chopping? If so that must be one huge man that its for!

Red

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hmm 2.5kg head....

I skip from 1.5 to about 4 now there is definitely a gap in my collection for something like that :)

I'm finding myself using the "homestead" sized axes more and more these days in the new house. My GB working axe gets the most use for rendering wood stove sized piece s for cooking, but I have to get the 8lb maul out for the big stuff. That would reallt fill a spot.

What is it intended for mate? Surely not cross grain chopping? If so that must be one huge man that its for!

Red

I don´t know what he will do with it,I only know that one man in UK have to have strong arms and back :D .First it was made as a racing axe .
cegga

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That will be a monster of a racing axe - some serious forearm strength as well as shoulder strength needed there :)

Great fun to try though....I really must get a good quality single bit for heavy work soon

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE