A new one from Royal Mail...

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
My missus had a good one yesterday. She was out edging the grass at the front of the house - the postie walked past her and put the little red card through the door without knocking.

Postie turns round - sees her - "Oh sorry. There you are. I have a parcel for you ..." <starts digging around in his bag>

MrsDave was less than impressed! Apparently he's not the normal guy though.

i have caught the postie several times putting the card in without knocking
and as i have two dogs who bark whenever the front gate opens let alone someone knocking on the door, a toddler who wakes up if i pass wind loudly(honestly he does) a knock on the door always and i mean always makes enough noise to alert me to a delivery.
he was less than impressed when i nearly tore his hand off opening the door but the look on his face was worth it.
a different postie who is a dad of a school mate has been known to stop on his way back to post office give me the parcel and say i left a note just ignore it.I've even had postie's deliver to either my parents or my work place if they haven't had any joy at my house (although this got me in jip as it was a gift for my mum that they delivered to her house on my behalf)

Jan 15, 2012
essex
My missus had a good one yesterday. She was out edging the grass at the front of the house - the postie walked past her and put the little red card through the door without knocking.

Postie turns round - sees her - "Oh sorry. There you are. I have a parcel for you ..." <starts digging around in his bag>

MrsDave was less than impressed! Apparently he's not the normal guy though.
My mrs walks out the front door meet postman at the ends of the garden and ask if we have any post. Postman says yes but i cant give it to you i have to put it throw the letter box, so mrs goes back opens the door and asks if she can have it now, he then give it to her. been living here over 5 years.
half the time the mail is on the porch floor next to the front door were they could not be bothered to put it in the box.

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
One guy who comes to us opens the porch door and throws everything on the floor, carefully avoiding the very wide inside window ledge just exactly where the door opens!

I have also often suffered from the red card being pushed through the box when I've been in. On one occasion I confronted the guy, asked for my parcel, which he couldn't give me because he hadn't brought it with him. The reason - he hadn't been given a lift in the van that morning and his bag would have been too bulky if he had brought all the parcels with him. Unbelievable.

Last week in November last year I wanted to send a box (not a very big box) of Christmas goodies to my daughter and her flatmates in Paris. RM wanted £65.00 and no guarantee of it getting there in the next 6 weeks OR I could send it surface mail but it could take up to two months.

A chap in the next queue saw my frustration, waited for me and advised using one of the delivery companies, which he had had success with. Parcel was collected the next day and delivered the day after that - for £23.00 !!

I wish they wouldn't keep trying to sell me insurance every time I want to buy a bloody stamp.

Best Wishes
David

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
i cannot believe what i am reading here, all these issues with peoples posties, are people following this up at the post office complaints department or just letting these idiots get away with it?!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2012
essex
"i cannot believe what i am reading here, all these issues with peoples posties, are people following this up at the post office complaints department or just letting these idiots get away with it?"
Like last year i had 4 (yes 4) bank cards not turn up in the post, i kept telling the bank and they started to moan at me lol in the end i got the bank to send the card to the branch in my town and i picked the card up myself.
I complaned but never got a reply.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
"i cannot believe what i am reading here, all these issues with peoples posties, are people following this up at the post office complaints department or just letting these idiots get away with it?"
Like last year i had 4 (yes 4) bank cards not turn up in the post, i kept telling the bank and they started to moan at me lol in the end i got the bank to send the card to the branch in my town and i picked the card up myself.
I complaned but never got a reply.

Complain directly to the directors. I had poor service at local Tescos, Googled investigated Tesco directors and emailed a letter of complaint direct which had senior managers involved inviting me round to tour the store and phoneing me directly to advise of remedial action undertaken to prevent a reoccurrence. i declined as i simply wanted good service as this is a little niggle of mine. Don't let them ever get away with it. Pardon one crime and you encourage the commision of many, as a roman governor once said:eek:

Last edited:

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
i sold a item on ebay posted it of on the 27.7.12 the guy got a card item through his letter box to collect the parcel the next day he went to the sorting next office and was told to come back which he did after the forth time he contacted me as they told him they couldn't find parcel i sent him another one which he got 2 days later now i am still trying to find my parcel which is now in belfast and now i have to wait another 28 days to get it back its a joke

Sent from my GT-I9100

Jan 15, 2012
essex
Ebay, every time i sell something on there i worry if its going to get to the buyer. got a guy now wanting me to send to usa at the moment, inter/signed for going to cost him £12.

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
Update on my parcel .
No parcel and now because i can't find my original receipt when i bought the item all they offered me was 6 first class stamps and basically told me i should be gratefull that i got that
Won't ever use ROYAL FAIL again and they wonder why they are going down the pan

Sent from my GT-I9100

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
I buy a lot online and I'm rarely in - but yesterday the postie didnt even bother knocking when he popped a red slip through my door. CHeeky bugger! _ at least I'm only a 10 min walk from where I can collect it.

print and laminate this,them put on door:

royal-mail.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE