A new one from Royal Mail...

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Ordered some Alpkit stuff on Tuesday. Had an email this morning from Royal Mail saying they had arrived at the local office and would be delivered today!

Less impressed that I've just had a second email saying my stuff has now been delivered (seeing as it hasn't) :(

Hopefully it's out for delivery and will get here soon!

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
The distribution office which was just down the road closed here. Now we don't get any post until 1430-1600 and if I miss a delivery, I have to drive 8 miles down the main road, through the city centre to get it.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
I buy a lot online and I'm rarely in - but yesterday the postie didnt even bother knocking when he popped a red slip through my door. CHeeky bugger! _ at least I'm only a 10 min walk from where I can collect it.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Post office, i posted a badge today i sold (about 50g) as it didnt fit in there slot they charged me best part of three and a half pounds postage.
They had similar shenanigans with my mothers birthday card. Apparently it was too big for a standard sized first class stamp, so they held it at the post office until she came to pay the extra 9p (plus £1.50 service charge of course) - REdiculous!

Jan 15, 2012
essex
I take all my stuff to the counter so i dont get hassle like underpaid items. mind you i still had a stamp come off in the post and got a neg on ebay, post office stuck it on.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I buy a lot online and I'm rarely in - but yesterday the postie didnt even bother knocking when he popped a red slip through my door. CHeeky bugger! _ at least I'm only a 10 min walk from where I can collect it.

I've given my postie permission to leave parcels in the shed and also if it require a signature to sign for it on my behalf. Of course I only did this because I trust him and also because I live in a small village and also he's a neighbour.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We have a lockable parcel box by the gate. Doesn't matter if we are in or not, posty just puts the parcels in, signs if necessary and shuts the box, snaps the lock closed. So do Fed Ex and UPS (had to sign a form for them to do it).

Cheap enough to make one, easy enough to buy one - problem solved :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I had been using RM to post Bows to customers for about 3 years. One day they suddenly decided they were too long and refused to post them any more...
Now use a local company and never have any hassle. No wonder they are constantly turning a loss every year.

Jan 15, 2012
essex
I had been using RM to post Bows to customers for about 3 years. One day they suddenly decided they were too long and refused to post them any more...
Now use a local company and never have any hassle. No wonder they are constantly turning a loss every year.
yeah they would not take a airgun stock i took down some months ago, went by parcelforce in the end.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
They had similar shenanigans with my mothers birthday card. Apparently it was too big for a standard sized first class stamp, so they held it at the post office until she came to pay the extra 9p (plus £1.50 service charge of course) - REdiculous!

At least they delivered it. Over her they return it with a sticker that says, "inssuficient postage"

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Yeah I have had the same today which was a surprise on an order from Alpkit guess I'm lucky the parcel was here.
I would guess this is royal mail trying to compete with the couriers companies or are they being dragged into the twentieth century.
They seem to charge through the nose which Chiseller found out when they stung him for nearly 6 quid for postage on the wool blanket I got from him .
FAIR PLAY :)to Chiseller he would not take anything towards the postage when I offered

bob

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Ordered some Alpkit stuff on Tuesday. Had an email this morning from Royal Mail saying they had arrived at the local office and would be delivered today!

Less impressed that I've just had a second email saying my stuff has now been delivered (seeing as it hasn't) ...

Oh, yes it has. They just haven't told you where they've delivered it. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE