A new folding knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
I am looking for a new locking folding knife for use at work, and as a spare for when i am out in the woods. I want a very secure lock, and a thumbhole instead of a stud as i find them easier with gloves on. The Benchmade Griptillian seems to fit my needs but i am not keen on hollow ground blades. Can any of you suggest anything else that fits the bill in the saame sort of price range please? Preferably blade length between 3" and 4", with a tip up pocket clip.

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
The Calypso Jr sits tip-down when clipped.

A Spyderco Endura ticks the boxes for you. It's a great knife.

They can be aquired new for around £30.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Have you thought of the Doug Ritter folding knife? It's made by Benchmade and is a very well-mande and well thought out useful knife. I got mine from Aeromedix in the U.S.. They were very efficient about getting it to me. The knife is superb as a back-up to your fixed blade. I'd recommend them highly.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
bingobadgo said:
I am looking for a new locking folding knife for use at work, and as a spare for when i am out in the woods. I want a very secure lock, and a thumbhole instead of a stud as i find them easier with gloves on. The Benchmade Griptillian seems to fit my needs but i am not keen on hollow ground blades. Can any of you suggest anything else that fits the bill in the saame sort of price range please? Preferably blade length between 3" and 4", with a tip up pocket clip.

Must it be a folder?

A fixed blade is a lot safer,specially in the woods.

bingobadgo

Jan 13, 2007
England
A fixed blade is out of the question really, wouldnt go down too well at work. a decent modern frame lock or lines lock is not that much more dangerous than a fixed blade, i have hung my 16 stone weight off my Sere 2000 before and the lock didnt give. Does anyone have experience of the CRKT M16 series? i just found them on heinnies website and they look pretty interesting.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A mate picked up a CRKT knife, which I believe was one of the M16 range, whilst we were in Iraq. It had two thumb flippy bits to open the knife with one handed, and when drawn out of a pocket, you catch the flippy thing purposefully on the pocket edge and it automatically unfolds the blade safely for you. Ther is no chance you can cut yourself. I found the grind was a bit of a hefty angle, but it came up sharp and if it wasn't for the part serrated blade I would have got one for myself.

Not a bad little knife!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE