A New age of dry Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
OK I've been waiting for this to happen after seeing some early design drawings bginning of last year........ but somone has finally done it!!!!

soon all good drybags will be like this (i hope)

27711pneumogroup.jpg

its a very light weight drybag but it has a valve on the side identical to the ones on thermarests!

this means that the drybag does not end up full of air when you roll to top down to seal it And once sealed with your kit inside you can open the valve, squash the bag down and close the valve vacum packing your kit

you can compress your sleeping bag down to the smallest possable size without compression straps whilst keeping it dry!!!!!!!! :-D

they are extreamly lightweight and a very small packsize but they are also cheap the one I was playing with (15lt I think) cost around £15
they are available in 5L, 15L, 25L and 50L

They have been brought out by WX tex and are being imported into the uk by www.mountain-equipment.co.uk

I recommend them

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Funny that ... I was thinking of buying a valve to do the exact same thing with as an experiment ... probably won't bother now!!! :-D
Thanks for the kit news Stuart!

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
There have been drybags similar to this for quite a while but with exactly the opposite intention. For canoeing you pack the bag, seal it up, put it in place and then inflate it!

It acts as extra bouyancy and keeps the bag in position.

Like the vacuum packing idea though.

George

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hi, Stuar.
Great item.
I ask myself about the possibility to used them as confort mat.
Which are the dimensions of them, has you tried this way?
Enjoy.

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Darn good idea! :-D (Shame, I bought a load of Ortliebs a while back (£££!) thinking these will last me for ages! :banghead:)

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
Hi Stuart - I've seen these too - look very good but pricing was a bit higher than you found which made the value dubious. Where did you buy ?

They look to me to be somewhere between the light and medium weight ortlieb bags for robustness - how would you guage them having used one ?

Cheers

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Isn't it always the case with Ortlieb bags that you have to do the squashy rollup thing all at once and never get all the air out you need to.....These look the mutts nuts..Thanks for the "heads up" :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE