A new addition to my garden, How heavy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Had this delivered today, it's very heavy, what do you think of it it's off of evilbay £124 plus delivery.
I'm well pleased with the condition of it, the top seems very flat.
Bushcraft001.jpg

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Different reason for asking , but do you know the weight of that? May have inscription on t'other side?

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
It was advertised as being 70 kilos or there about (a guess if you ask me).
The reason it is painted is because it was a garden ornament.
Thirty Five years ago I used to lift this weight in potatoes off a pallet on the floor in one lift and load a truck, not any more, foolish & young I was.
There are Five more on evilbay that look the same at the moment.
Paints coming off the top this weekend, also hope to get a large piece of oak to stand it on.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Grabbed from here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anvil

"An anvil may have a marking indicating its weight, manufacturer, or place of origin. American-made anvils were often marked in pounds. European anvils are sometimes marked in kilograms. English anvils were often marked in hundredweight, the marking consisting of three numbers, indicating hundredweight, quarter hundredweight and pounds. For example, a 3-1-5, if such an anvil existed, would be 3x112 lb + 1x28 lb + 5 lb = 369 lb ~= 168 kg."

Just for interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE