a must have pet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
this is a must have pet its from Madagascar and called a Daubentonia madagascariensis.
capt_0049a839f480420c93ecd9185108dd.jpg

capt_82182be11f01459e85eae5efb75d9b.jpg

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I find that there's something very unsettling about yon beast, the colour, the texture, the awkward angles and diverse shapes....

The only thing it does for me, is as an example that, even God has ,"off days".

Ceeg

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
More commonly known as an Aye Aye. I remember reading that Tolkein reckoned this animal was a living apparition of Gollum :D

perpetualelevator

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, apparently they're quite endangered; apart from the standard deforestation and habitat loss, the locals thought they were some sort of evil omen, and kill them to avoid being cursed. Can't really blame them. Not sure I'd want to see one of those staring at me out of a tree.

Your very own late Douglas Adams went on an expedition to document these critters, among other things. "Last Chance to See" is the name of the book, if you ever get a chance to read it I recommend it.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Boy oh boy - is that Fugly or WHAT?
Only a mother could love that baby!

Still, kids loved Cabbage Patch dolls so maybe the poor sucker has a chance....
I bet its looks are its defence mechanism - predators feel too sorry for it to eat it!
Nah - mustn't be mean - we are all gods' creatures and I bet we look dumb to the beastie as well...

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I was just reading other threads, about small amounts of leather and cats eyes.

And I thought " Ho ho, this pogger would do, for something like that"

Or maybe a Quasimodo's 'jama case

Ceeg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In my youth I have woken up with uglier things :eek:

Actually looking again its very cute.

Not sure about what its holding though :)

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
What a lovely little fella -- LOADS of questions-- Do they take a lot of looking after -- do they live as couples or in a group or solitry-- they look like they dont mind being handeled- what is it- what do they eat-- where do they come from

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I sometimes feel like it looks! Is it a bat? We have Daubentons bats in the UK. Sometimes called the water bat.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE