A mountain stream revisited

Well…., I didn’t get to stay as long as I’d have liked partly because of the time of day, and partly because I’m not all that happy with the parking situation there, but today I went back to the stream to explore it a little further up.

This is where I have to park, on the side of a busy road. The trail is behind my truck, in the left of the picture in the background you can see the cleft in the ridge where the stream runs.
PICT0441.jpg

I love the trail in along the old stone wall, it’s covered over by bushes and is like a door back in time.
PICT0491.jpg

There are lots of rock formations along the way also.
PICT0450.jpg

PICT0447.jpg

PICT0456.jpg

And at times the leaf covered trail gets just a little treacherous, being hard to tell what is solid ground and what is leaves and brush over a hole between rocks. There were also some large muscadine vines across the trail in places.
PICT0473.jpg

PICT0457.jpg

PICT0452.jpg

PICT0460.jpg

PICT0459.jpg

PICT0474.jpg

but the view is well worth the hike in.
PICT0477.jpg

PICT0462.jpg

PICT0481.jpg

PICT0470.jpg

PICT0445.jpg

PICT0446.jpg

PICT0453.jpg

PICT0471.jpg

PICT0465.jpg

PICT0466.jpg

I have to work this weekend but I am hoping to get Lisa to drop me off next Saturday so I can spend a few hours hiking further up, doing a little bushcrafting, and taking some more pictures..., I can't wait

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the pictures. It is beautiful up there this time of year. The colors are somewhat subdued in these as it was really foggy at just a little bit higher elevation and the sky was very grey. I really like the water color effect the mist gives the photos. I so wished I had time to go further up as I love hiking in the fog..,hence the nickname. I hope it is like this next weekend so I can be dropped off with my pack and go on up the side of the mountain...see if there are any good waterfalls.

Blair witch?! Ha! that's a good one.....,( and I see even the width of an ocean wasn't enough to afford one protection from that dreadfully horrible film )..., this is the heart of the bible belt, It is very likely that I am the closest to a witch those woods have seen in a very very long time. That stump does have an interesting look in that photo though.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Beautiful. You will have to send us some photos of that area in the Spring Mistwalker, when it's all new leaf and pale green. Thanks a lot, I never get tired of looking at those. :)

Beautiful. You will have to send us some photos of that area in the Spring Mistwalker, when it's all new leaf and pale green. Thanks a lot, I never get tired of looking at those. :)

I plan on doing so if possible, but I am also hoping for some good winter shots from that area between now and then. It would be nice if we got a little snow...snow and frozen water can make some nice photos too.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i just wish there were places like that where i live:( too many people, too many ruels
for me that looks like the ideal bushcraft environment, your reely lucky:)

pete

It is the perfect bushcraft area for me...it is where I grew up and where my father taught me my first bushcraft skills.

For what it's worth I wish you had a place like this near by also. For me, sitting here hearing nothing but the water, the birds, and the squirrels and other wildlife it is like a portal back in time to a place before modern machines and electronics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE