A morning jaunt

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Got up and decided that to put yesterday's disappointing hobo-line fishing trip down on the Jurassic Coast behind me (I think it was the strong off-shore breeze that sent the fish away from the shore :eek:)

Went for a morning leg-stretcher near home and amongst the rolling hills around Doddiscombsleigh.

Saw some ummmmm watercress but I could be fooled.

IMGP2394-1.jpg

Sun even came out twice and made it seem like spring. That's Dartmoor in the distance.

IMGP2396-1.jpg

Found piles of fresh and slightly bletched wild crab apples up in the woods. I swear the crab-apple trees were about 60ft tall. I could see at least four trees and the ground was littered with the blighters. The air smelled like a cider-stall :cool:

IMGP2397-1.jpg

Got my bushbuddy out and had a nice cup of tea. On the way back I nibbled on some navel worts. I really wonder what the fuss is with these :yuck:

Got back and washed a few dozen crab apples

IMGP2399-1.jpg

They made about 1.5 litres of excellent crab-apple jelly. Will go well with the cold meats for Christmas :D

IMGP2402-1.jpg

Makes up for yesterday I suppose.

Bimble

Forager
Jul 2, 2008
Stafford, England
It's hardly surprising you didn't catch any fish, there aren't any around. This time of year all the summer species have moved offshore. It's a few weeks yet till the whiting come in any numbers and the waters two murky for lure fishing....

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
It's hardly surprising you didn't catch any fish, there aren't any around. This time of year all the summer species have moved offshore. It's a few weeks yet till the whiting come in any numbers and the waters two murky for lure fishing....

Ah hah. It was my ignorance rather than my lack of skill:11doh: :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE