A modern day hobo??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Interesting idea (think it's been mentioned before) but looks quite heavy/bulky. I suppose in this day and age, though, electronics are quite important but I think I'd rather carry a solar charger or wind up one

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
It looks pretty good if you ask me, less than a kilo and about the same size as a Nalgene bottle, sure it's not ultralightweight but you'll always be able to charge your phone, gps, etc.
To me it's far better than the alternatives, solar is slooooooow and wind-up requires a lot of winding for a full charge, a TEC will provide way more power than the USB standard specifies, with the added benefit of hot food, brews and something to warm your hands over, $129 isn't a bad price either.
I think it'd be perfect for canoe trips or long trips where you don't mind the extra bit of weight (although it's comparable to a multifuel stove and fuel).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE