A Load of Outdoor Kit to Swap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

onfire

Forager
Oct 3, 2009
Brecon Beacons
ALL NOW GONE ;-)

I have a pile of kit to get on eBay ... but I thought I should offer it here for swaps first as it is all outdoorsy kit, you have all made me very welcome here and I know there are some paddlers here too. (I have put the New prices to give an idea of cost / value)

I have a feeling there is another 'green' pile somewhere but for starters:

1. WILD COUNTRY / TERRA NOVA BOTHY 2 GROUP SHELTER (£30+)
P3210068.jpg

2. PALM XP50 PADDLING CAG (£20?)
XP50 is Palms goretex equivalent, the cag has been used but not abused, although I think it is a bit faded now. It has tight neoprene cuffs (not quite as tight as latex) which provide a good waterproof seal, and a velcro adjustable neck. It says its a Large but I would say more a medium ... Im a large (36in waist, 42in chest) and it is too small for me
P3210071.jpg

3. BUNDLE OF FLY FISHING BITS (£??)
I inherited these from somewhere recently, but won't really ever use them. There is a nice plastic box with 20 flies plus a coil of fly fishing line and a pack of new 'trout braids' (whatever they are for!?)
P3210072.jpg

4. DUTCH ARMY METAL MUG (£3ish)
I have used this mug once over a hobo stove, so it is smoky on the outside but as new on the inside ... then I got into making my own billy cans and dont need this mug.
P3210073.jpg

P3210074.jpg

5. NATO FISHING KIT (Google says £14 to £25)
I traded this for one of my DIY tripods recently, but being honest I really wont use it and cant justify the space all this stuff is taking up
P3210075.jpg

6. PETZL ECRIN ROC HELMET - WHITE Used (£50+)
(no pic yet sorry)
This helmet has been used a handful of times and carries a small muddy smudge across the top, I just havent got around to cleaning it yet. Apart from this obvious dirt, the helmet is in excellent condition.

7. PETZL ECRIN ROC HELMET - RED New (£50+)
(no pic yet sorry)
This helmet is BRAND NEW but without the tags. I bought the two helmets to use winter mountaineering, I now have a new lid from work and cant justify keeping the spares!

I understand the issues with buying PPE / climbing kit secondhand, if you are worried about the integrity / safety of the helmets then please dont buy them. I hope that I can assuage any concerns by explaining that I am a qualified Mountain Leader and Rock Climbing Instructor (SPA). I also run www.a4adventure.com and fully understand the need to log the use / abuse of equipment in line with HSE and Insurance requirements. The helmets are barely used & new respectively and have never sustained any impacts or damage.

In return I would be interested in knife blanks, firesteels, anything interestingly Land Rover orientated, good quality wool blankets (to make a bushcraft coat), leather to make sheaths etc ... of course Im open to suggestions too

First to PM please ...

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
OnFire, I have your canvas and blanket ready to send...I need your addy please!

Id like the fly fishing bits, please.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE