A little off topic but I think this is the right section

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I hope this isn't out of place, however if it is MODS feel free to delete or move as necessary.

I know that the concept of slingbows has been flitted around on here from time to time, but I have recently found myself getting more and more engrossed in the concept alongside my catapult making.

After doing some web research I realised that there isn't any 'official' club or association in the world that actively endorses and promotes slingbow archery, so I have decided to do something about it.

I have now founded the UK SlingBow Archers Association and set up a website in order to promote and educate those who may be intrigued about the use of slingbows and to also try to set the foundations for legitimising this as a potential sport of the future.

Now I'm not asking anyone on here to join, partake or get a slingbow, but what I would like is comments and feedback on the site if possible from like minded individuals.

If you could take just 5 minutes to have a look and see if everything is set up simply enough to make the "lamen" person understand what slingbows are and how to get involved.

I am hoping to try to get some slingshot manufacturers on board and have already contacted Milbro to see if they have any plans for expansion in their range to cater for this emergence.

Thanks

http://www.uksaa.webs.com

Stood

Feb 21, 2012
Lancashire
Hi Dannytsg,

Had a quick look and it gives an overall proffessional feel and look to the site.

I was most interested as I'd never heard of the concept and as stated it could be an easy and cost effective way of being involved with archery without a lot of outlay.

Only disappointing bit was the link for 'how to make'. To a complete novice it wasn't very clear and I would have preferred something on the site from yourself and in keeping with its high standards.

I don't do Facebook or twitter etc so if better instructions are on FB then apologies.

Looking good, keep up the work.

Cheers

Boots

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Hi Dannytsg,

Had a quick look and it gives an overall proffessional feel and look to the site.

I was most interested as I'd never heard of the concept and as stated it could be an easy and cost effective way of being involved with archery without a lot of outlay.

Only disappointing bit was the link for 'how to make'. To a complete novice it wasn't very clear and I would have preferred something on the site from yourself and in keeping with its high standards.

I don't do Facebook or twitter etc so if better instructions are on FB then apologies.

Looking good, keep up the work.

Cheers

Boots

Thanks. There are some how to videos in the 'more' section provided by Dave Cantebury of the pathfinder school in America.

I will be looking to put together a video tutorial of how to make a simple and effective entry level slingbow soon but I am working out the finer details at present.

EDIT: I have now removed the wikihow link and linked to a youtube video tutorial showing the process simply.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE