A little Carver.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Hi Folks.

Just finished this one today for a forum member.

This was designed as a little game prep style knife but it seems to be bought more for carving and is pretty good at it by all accounts.

Specs are

3mm 01 tool steel
Blade length 1.75" with an overall length of 5.5"
Yew handle with black liners and brass fittings

Hope you like it. :)

Mark

P1010068.jpg

P1010069.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010073.jpg

P1010071.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's like mine :D and it's a brilliant wee knife :D
It's fine and it's strong, and it keeps a really good edge.
It's little and neat and just does all that I ask of it :cool:

Whoever's getting this one will be well pleased I have no doubt :D

cheers,
M

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
This little baby is mine. :)
Mary, it was your getting one that set me on getting one of these off Mark. I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Stuart69 did a review of mine :D

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81702

"I was asked to write a wee review as this knife is a much appreciated, thank you, gift, but the owner doesn't want to distract from it's credibility by any kind of partisan bias.

Can you guess who this wee beauty was made for ? ( she's "not as fierce as feared" ;) )

P1020184.jpg

P1020186.jpg

It was made by HillBill on this forum. Overall it's 14cm long with the blade being 5cm of that. The handle is Yew and it has red liners, which are made from vulcanised fibre. 4mm Brass pins and a 6mm brass lanyard tube.

Even though it's made for a much smaller hand that mine it's remarkably comfortable to hold and use. The first thing I thought when I saw it was " that'll make a lovely carver" and indeed it does.

It breezes through the usual "try stick" type cuts, the tip is excellent for delicate carving and feels like it has a lot of strength even though it's so fine. The shape of the handle makes it very comfortable to use for long periods of time and you always feel in control of the bade.

I had a play with a woodspirit..

P1020194.jpg

I do like a small blade for general use and this little one fits that role perfectly. The blade itself is an ideal size to have with you and performs any task you throw at it with ease.

The sheath and dangler are also excellent with the stitching and general shape and finish of the sheath being spot on.

Being so small you don't even notice it on your belt but it's there if you need a capable blade for almost any of those wee tasks you always need a knife for when you're out and about. All in all it's a wee cracker and I know the new owner loves it and it's going to get well used."​

Mark didn't expect me to have it reviewed, but I was so pleased with it, and so comfortable using it, that this seemed the best way to show it off :D

cheers,
M

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Would just like to add that I have three of Marks blades at home and they are unbelievably sharp.
I did some feather sticks then batoned a bit then a few more sticks had a quick look for a plaster then found it still hair popping sharp.

Anyone looking for a good knife at a reasonable price should get in touch and the turn around time is really quick.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE