A Lesser Known Prussik Knot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Does anyone else have knot dyslexia like me? I'm ashamed! I can never get my head round knots but I'd love to be able to remember more than a reef knot and a granny knot... what makes it worse is that I have my CS38 Aerial Rescue qualification and I can't even remember a bowline after it's been demonstrated right in front of my eyes. We use prussek loops so they are ready tied and we just loop them through itself and then whack a carabiner on the end and attach to your harness!

Leo

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Does anyone else have knot dyslexia like me? I'm ashamed! I can never get my head round knots but I'd love to be able to remember more than a reef knot and a granny knot... what makes it worse is that I have my CS38 Aerial Rescue qualification and I can't even remember a bowline after it's been demonstrated right in front of my eyes. We use prussek loops so they are ready tied and we just loop them through itself and then whack a carabiner on the end and attach to your harness!

Leo

I'm somewhere along that line with you. Though I used ropes a lot in my work and social life I do have to look and think about it. So saying splices and pleats I'm very good at.
To my eternal chagrin I often let my mate Belzeebob do all the knots when we're away. He's something of a knot prodigy. Let him glance for a few seconds at a complex knot in a book and he'll head off and do it with no further reference.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Does anyone else have knot dyslexia like me? I'm ashamed! I can never get my head round knots but I'd love to be able to remember more than a reef knot and a granny knot... what makes it worse is that I have my CS38 Aerial Rescue qualification and I can't even remember a bowline after it's been demonstrated right in front of my eyes. We use prussek loops so they are ready tied and we just loop them through itself and then whack a carabiner on the end and attach to your harness! Leo

i have a different problem, i'm left handed, when i learn new knots from a book apart from the learning process i'm also trying to figure out how to tie it left handed. My father was in the royal navy in WW2 and his pal was in the merchant navy, when i was a kid they used to teach me knots but being left handed it took a great deal of effort from both me and them. Once a loudmouth down the pub considered himself a bit of an escapologist and challenged my father and his pal to tie him up saying he could get out of anything, he didn't know their naval background and paid the cost, they tied him up and left him next to the fireplace, well after sweating bucket loads he had to admit defeat before he was roasted :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE