A knife for a viking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
I was approached some time ago to make a knife for a mates wife. She's of viking decent so he wanted to give her something a bit different / special , so knowing I was making knives he asked me to come up with a viking styled knife and sheath.

The sheath was my very first attempt at using veg tanned leather.
Managed to snap a few pics before it was boxed up ready to go to it's new owner.

Blade is spring steel.
Handle is antler , polished and engraved with a dremel tool. Blade affixed into the handle with epoxy (araldite) only.
Brass bolster and butt cap.

PIC_0371.jpg

PIC_0369.jpg

PIC_0368.jpg

PIC_0367.jpg

No more pictures available as it's now gone to go a 'viking'.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
very nice,...i think you hit it spot on,..if someone asked me to describe it i would say "a Vikings knife" instantly,..

have the markings got an inspiration?

where did you research the design?

cheers

Stu

Richie'66

Forager
Nov 8, 2010
Banffshire, Scotland
Cheers Raikey , designs are mine , I've used them a few times on various things. I was in the Vikings doing re-enactment for a few years so some things kinda rub off on you.
I just hope my mate wife likes it as she's a very good mate of mine too .
I wished I had a little more time mind you to do a better job of the sheath hangers as really they are not ornate enough and the sewn part of the sheath should have bronze (or in my case) brass over it and decorated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE