A good knife for about £100

Sep 20, 2010
kent
Hi guys i am after a good knife, i have about £100 to spend and looking for something with a full tang (preferably but not a must). Other than that the only requirements would be a good steel with descent hardness that will keep an edge, with the research i have done i have come to the conclusion that a 01 carbon steel with a HRC of 59 is about the optimum but not sure if this is availabe in my price range. Any suggestions because i seem to be going around in circles?

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Tamarack have this Wilderness Combo Leuku 0190
Handmade Finnish Survival/Bushcraft Cutter & Hunting Double Knife. This is a fine piece of handcraft made in Finnish Lapland in a traditional style. The blades are 8.3 inches (21 cm) and 3.8 inches (7.7cm) respectively. high quality Carbon Steel Hardened to HRC 63-65 and tempered to HRC 59 to balance ductility and brittleness. The blades extend with full length internal tangs connected at the end of the handle. The sheath is made from wetformed half-tanned leather with an embossed Reindeers and Camp Fire design £100

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Depends on what you plan to use the kife for but a good place to start is the classifieds on here and on the British Blades website. I bought a beautiful Enzo Trapper brand new for £45.

pedro68

Mar 4, 2011
scotland
try jlt knifes, google it and have a look at the gallery, some cracking knives and a basic starting price is £100,and there fit for purpose and get excellent reviews.

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
Enzo

Gives you plenty of change, is full tang, can be had in O1 in various grinds and you won't lose anything significant on it if you decide to trade up.

If I wanted to spend that on something superbly practical (and ignoring the full-tang preference) I'd draw up a shortlist of one: Kellam Wolverine. Other than the Spyderco Bushcrafter (which would be over budget) the Kellam Wolverine has about the most comfortable grip of any factory knife. Its blade is also an interesting combination of super-hard central core with softer sides, giving you ridiculously good edge holding on a blade that still contrives to be tough.

Anyway *ahem* ....

..... Enzo

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
If you can stretch the budget a tiny bit there is a Rob Evans bushtool on the Makers Mkt.
I've had mine long enough now to know that it's one of those tools that I'll never part with.Check out the opinions on here too: Robs work is excellent and comes with great leather too.
All his knives are IMHO superb value and probably underpriced.I wish I could buy another one.
Check it out pinky.
Cheers , Simon

Sep 20, 2010
kent
thanks for all your advice guys as you all probably know its a nightmar finding the right bushcrafting knife especially on a budget but i think i have narrowed it down to the JLT or the Enzo.:confused::confused::You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE