A flint knife

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had this knapped by one of our members Calgarychef. As you can see he did a Stirling job too. It is fixed into an ash handle with pine tar resin made by DanQT, that I got it in a swap the first year I joined the forum but never got round to using.

I have a real interest in the Stone Age and how they did things. I'm looking forward to putting this through its paces.

Hope you like it!

Andy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thats a nice blade and that neat edge looks razor sharp. Leaves a nasty cut does flint.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Certainly not shaving sharp, the edge is quite robust but it seems more than capable of dealing with the kind if cutting tasks your average Stone Age man would encounter. I need to go shooting so I can dress game with it.

It does respond well to diamond hones though so might use one to polish up one of the edges at a later date but as it stands I'm very happy with it.

Andy

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I wish I could see that but most photo uploaders don't work on my (company) PC.

I've used a very simple flint blade to process a deer leg; it is lethally sharp straight off the nodule.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very useable looking :approve:
Flint knives can be scarily effective. I've butchered things like a chicken and a shoulder of venison with one, and was very pleased to see how capable it was.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE