A flight above the clouds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
It's great to be able to wander, explore and have a laugh when we can. Woodsman and I went for a wander up through the white fluffy stuff both in the air and on the ground on a cold frosty day before the auld year was out.
Dec09298.jpg

THe walk up theKilpatricks was gentle but spectacular. Usually the views across Weegieland and beyond across the Clyde Lochs are awesome and clear, that day they were just awesome especially since we started down below in the freezing fog.
Dec09008.jpg

Dec09289.jpg

Sorry w00dsman the cam was a bit squint there...:lmao: (tried turning it in photobucket but it wouldn't save...)
Dec09019.jpg

Brochlach loved it...the snow was so deep in places he just disappeared pmsl!
Dec09262.jpg

Now I really have to thank this guy for what you are about to see and what I'm now hooked on...
Dec09075.jpg

Ole Smokey, you are truly responsible for my new addiction to playing with the wind!
Dec09238.jpg

Have you guessed it yet? Lifelike bird kites...There is nothing better when out for a wander than to fly a lifelike bird kite. In this case a 5ft Red Kite. Awesome, gentle relaxing fun playing with the wind... some play with radios and tinker making spoons, go try a kite. you'll love it!
And the views before we headed down were awesome. Weegieland has never looked so good! This is looking sse across Glasgow from the hills above the Erskine bridge.
Dec09255.jpg

Had a great day. Hope you can make the most of what's on your doorstep in this great weather.

All the best and best wishes to all in the new year!

WS

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful :approve: Just a stunningly beautiful end to the year.
Doesn't look the same place we got sunburnt a few months ago at all, does it ?

I like kites, didn't know anyone else did, there's always one in the car :)

Thanks for sharing :D

cheers,
Mary

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Awesome pictures, looks a fantastic place for a wander.

Kites are a great way to appreciate to raw power of mother nature, add the kite to a harness, buggy and anything upto 45mph winds and you have the recipe for serious fun, with the odd bruise and broken rib or 2.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE