A few bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
A long time I have not posted a new tread here... time to remedy ;)

Nordic versions :

Curly birch, Poul Strande Damas blade
James_dsc01370.jpg

James_dsc01381.jpg

Plum handle, Bjorkman 12c27 blade

James_imgp0658.jpg

JM Blade in 2.5 mm udelholm steel, rosewood and reinder handle.
James_dsc01384.jpg

riddleofsteel

Tenderfoot
Jun 29, 2005
above ground
My latest attempt at a do all combo is a Bark River Golok in a combo sheath with a Brak River Lil Chute.
golokcombo.jpg

Some of the areas that I hunt and camp are near rivers and the vegetation is thick and nearly tropical in warm weather. In the winter green biar vines and river cane are so thick in some places you can hardly get up the river bank. The Golok is like a light saber in this stuff. It also cuts saplings like so much butter.
The Lil Chute is almost perfect for small camp chores and skinning jobs. It is rapidly becoming one of my favorite utility blades.

I also put a vinegar patenia on my Aurora. I was having quite a problem with the A2 blade rusting in the sheath between using it and getting it home to clean up. After multiple applications of hot white vinegar and polishing it took on what I consider an attractive aged patenia that is effectively preventing rust.

A2patenia3.BMP

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
riddleofsteel said:
My latest attempt at a do all combo is a Bark River Golok in a combo sheath with a Brak River Lil Chute...

...Some of the areas that I hunt and camp are near rivers and the vegetation is thick and nearly tropical in warm weather. In the winter green biar vines and river cane are so thick in some places you can hardly get up the river bank. The Golok is like a light saber in this stuff. It also cuts saplings like so much butter.
The Lil Chute is almost perfect for small camp chores and skinning jobs. It is rapidly becoming one of my favorite utility blades.

I also put a vinegar patenia on my Aurora. I was having quite a problem with the A2 blade rusting in the sheath between using it and getting it home to clean up.After multiple applications of hot white vinegar and polishing it took on what I consider an attractive aged patenia that is effectively preventing rust...

Love that Golok, RoS. A very useful looking blade. How do you find that the A2 of the Golok holds up compared to that of the Aurora (got my eye on one of those too)?

Best regards,
Paul.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Ok,

It's 0170-6 apparently.

My golok edge holds up well. I don't think I've ever properly had to sharpen it although it isn't the most used of my tools. A strop has taken it back to shaving every time.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Thanks, Stew :)

You’re quite right. I was remembering the BRKT Home Page: ‘Laser cut from solid A-2 Tool Steel’ I assumed that this was the steel that they used for all their blades.

Obliged to you, Stew.

Best regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE