A feast weekend

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
We spent the weekend as a family with our friends in the woods this weekend and had a great time.

The girls foraged for chestnuts which were roasted on the open fire......

dscf4342.jpg

and we finished the weekend of with a roast! - who says you have to rough it camping!

Our friends had just bought a new dutch oven so what better way to christen it :D

dscf4345y.jpg

So roast beef and roast potatoes

dscf4350.jpg

mashed swede, bush style

dscf4348.jpg

and of course Yorkshire Pud

dscf4356.jpg

Gives one fine meal

dscf4354a.jpg

so why not think bold next time you are out - all it needs is a bit of preparation and planning;)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Now that's what I call bushtucker, I can smell it from here and I've only just had my tea.

If you want anyone to wash up next time Graham, give me a shout :)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
that looks fantastic,Dutch ovens are the bussiness, i bought another bigger one a couple of months back .been cooking the sunday roast and stuff in it,on the patio.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Now that's what I call bushtucker, I can smell it from here and I've only just had my tea.

If you want anyone to wash up next time Graham, give me a shout :)

excellent we HATE washing up:yuck: - best bit about 'Sunday Lunch' is we can take home the washing and put in the dishwasher!:D

that looks lovely mate
completely widdles over the MRE's myself and SWMBO had for dinner firday night
really must experiment witrh campfire cooking more (on my own and without photographic evidence to start with methinks)
hugely jealous
Sam

Stop thinking about it Sam and get out and play - you have a notepad to fill up with notes after all ;)

The note pad is getting filled mate dont you worry about that.
I shall be experimenting next time I get out to play which aint gonna be for week or two as i have the pleasures of work next weekend.
i shant try anything so adventurous to start with tho. Something to aim for as an eventual goal methinks
Sam

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Got to get myself a Dutch Oven, me thinks. I love the versatility of them from roasts, to stews & you can even bake bread in them. That looked like a great meal, well done. As has been said, thats a good meal to be cooked on a campfire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE