a disaster has struck!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
An medium sized axe.

An axe can do most things and I'd make a small cabin. I'd still be able to make traps/spears from spruce like we used to use, cordage/rope is easy to make and get. There's chert outcrop up here so easy to make small sharp flint knifes etc.,

It would be handy to take my cousin. She owns a rifle too and is a good shot too!. She can also tan leather, sew/make clothes, cook, identify and collect food, fetch water, get medicine from forest.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Axe for me as will have flint to use on the trail or my boot laces for fire drill can fashion wooden utensils and even use hot rocks to boil water would try to find natural shelter like a cave or build debris hut or dig a ditch and roof it hopefully old fashion weapons like a spear or bow and trap small game

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Probably my leatherman wave, either the original, or the newer version, which ever is closer. Saw & knife all in one. Not the best tool ever, but I've used it a lot and it's seen me through when I needed it.

If I was able to pick up an item in each hand, then to go with the wave, would be my slightly modified polymath products EDC fire kit...

Julia

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I used to get on well with the chap who delivered the heating oil to my place in Scotland, all of these vehicles oil and petrol are fitted with tracking systems, sometimes multiples thereof, so if as the OP has suggested Urban areas are under the control of an invading force or martial law it is likely that the tracking systems are in the hands of the 'enemy'.

So, i'd suggest having an old bedford truck filled with bowsers (something owned communally with your neighbours), rendezvous with the petrol truck some distance from home and drain as much as you can before hoofing it. :)

IBC's are your friend. You can fit 2 in a LWB transit and not be too over the weight limit of the vehicle, and between them you would have 2000L of fuel. Means you don't have to worry about what vehicle you have, most goods vehicles will take at least 1 IBC

As to the OP's question.

I'd take my leatherman. All the other tools I'd need I can pick up as I walk or drive out of the city.

Which leatherman do you have?

Manual can opener......

is there any other kind?

Yes, "non functional" you would be amazed how many tin openers are absolute rubbish. I've fallen back to the one on my leatherman on several occasions when a tin opener provided to me in hostels, holiday accommodation etc... just didn't work.

J

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia

My pick

Pickaxe.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE