A days paddling soon ?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Anybody got a days paddling lined up soon ?

I`ve just bought myself an inflatable and I want to get out for the day soon and have a play. Nothing too serious and plenty of brew stops would be good.

The Lakes, canals, ponds, rivers etc considered. Not quite ready to head north just yet.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Just got back from one today :eek: We got drenched as it rained ALL day long and it was the fine stuff that wets you through :lmao:
I am sure we will be out and about soon enough. i will post up when we are getting out. Hopefully we will get better weather ;)

Greg

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Sounds splendid,if you head up to the Lakes let me know. I've somehow managed to persuade Mrs Cumbrian to let me out for an overnighter of the Christmas hols, despite the facr that she's got a boisterous (almost) five year old and a new baby on her hands.

Cheers, Michael.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sounds splendid,if you head up to the Lakes let me know. I've somehow managed to persuade Mrs Cumbrian to let me out for an overnighter of the Christmas hols, despite the facr that she's got a boisterous (almost) five year old and a new baby on her hands.

Cheers, Michael.

That sounds tempting Michael, I`ll check with the long haired general and get back to you.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
For a day trip out, anywhere in the Lakes is good for me. For an overnighter I'm pretty much restricted to Derwentwater, as I've given assurances that I'll be home by lunchtime the next day.

Cheers, Michael.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Anybody got a days paddling lined up soon ?

I`ve just bought myself an inflatable and I want to get out for the day soon and have a play. Nothing too serious and plenty of brew stops would be good.

The Lakes, canals, ponds, rivers etc considered. Not quite ready to head north just yet.

Im going for a little paddle around sale marina on Monday in my inflatable. Its not much but it may be fun.

Here in Canada, it is as illegal to go for a drive in the country and stop for a few brews, as it is to go for a nice boat ride and stop for a few brews. You can be convicted of operating a vehicle under the influence.

Not sure what it is like in the UK - anyone?

Mungo

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Wow !, arrested for paddling under the influence of tetley's, what is the world coming to !.

I mean no offence mungo, but sometimes we are divide by a comon language.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ve got a pump and PFD on order from ebay but I don`t know how long it will take for them to turn up. As soon as they land I`m good to go :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Whats a PFD ????

Does anyone got a big bag for sale ?? my Sevylor boat came in a handy BOX !!!!

Personal Floatation Device (or a lifejacket :))

Not sure about bags though Stu, maybe you could pick something up off ebay, maybe a big mesh bag or something.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
For a bag, I'd recommend one of these. New ones are a bit pricey but I got one off ebay for about 8 quid or something, search for deployment bag. I use it for holidays, car camping, in the canoe etc etc and it's a great bit of kit. Comes with rucksack straps as well as normal handles, should be ideal for humping your pump hull plus PFD etc.

Cheers,

Alan

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
For a bag, I'd recommend one of these. New ones are a bit pricey but I got one off ebay for about 8 quid or something, search for deployment bag. I use it for holidays, car camping, in the canoe etc etc and it's a great bit of kit. Comes with rucksack straps as well as normal handles, should be ideal for humping your pump hull plus PFD etc.

Cheers,

Alan

They look just the business Alan

Just found them here for £18.98 delivered ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=190271921984

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
i use big sacks shewie ill send you one if you like or if we meet up ill bring 1, ive got an in car pump and a hand pump too!!1

Ha! I have just come back to this thread... here in Canada, a beer can be called a brew. You'll also hear a beer referred to as a 'brewski' for some reason.

I suppose there is a risk with a hot cup of tea if you are paddling around. The biscuits get damp, and the tea tends to spill out of my gran's best teacups.

Cheers!

Mungo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE