A dayhike in Norway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 8, 2016
Stavanger, Norway
IMG_1661.jpg

I know this is a UK site but I thought I would share this dayhike nonetheless, could be interesting to see a hike from Norway? Please let me know if this is not appropriate to post here and I will remove it. You can see more of these at my hiking blog NORHIKE.

So - I usually have a long Sunday hike and today was no exception. Got up early to take the the ferry from Stavanger (Rogaland county, Norway) to Tau and form there drove up to the wonderful area of Årdal. Just above this little commune I parked my car in one of the country backroads leading up to the mountains, and off I went. This trip started at 379 MSL and peaked at 741, so no major climb this time like we usually have in my district (Pulpit rock area). The area here is called Hjelmelandsheiene and really is beautiful. Apart from the scenery, the grouse and deer roam here, you can catch fish in the many small lakes, pick elderberries or blueberries - and it is great for tenting. Today though I did not bring any fishing gear, as I planned to get to a place called Solheimsstølen. A "støl" is a small cabin where usually the farmers stay to tend to their cows or sheep grazing during the summer. Nowadays though there are mainly families staying here in weekends or holidays.

So here are some pictures from the hike. Let me know if I can help you or you have any questions :)

Erik

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

full.png

elevation_profile

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing :D
When I grew up my father used to live on Jørpeland, just east of Tau, so I´ve spent a lot of time in that area as a child. Lovely landscape!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE