A couple of yesterdays projects

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Made these two projects yesterday, first up is a 3mm veg tanned axe sheath for my Spearwell axe, needs the retaining strap fitting but I have not got the snap buttons yet, this is the third one I have made in the last couple of days, I found it very interesting as this is my first foray into leather work, next up is a walnut spoon, It was supposed to have a much wider tapering handle but a bold stroke mistake soon fixed that, the wood was well seasoned so was a little harder to carve than normal for me.
Hope you like the look of them, thanks for looking, and have a go carving yourself if you haven't done it before.

Walnutspoon001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks guys, carving it at times was like carving very hard cheese leaving a shiny surface, had the wood in the garage for 7 months, and this piece was lying in a field after being blown down by the wind, dry when I got it.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the nice comments guys and to you Angst for the kind offer.
Kepis mate I have only just realised what lump of walnut you were talking about, that is from the same place as mine, should make nice spoons and a mini kuksa that will not split.
The leather axe mask has home made stain and wax finish, used a wood detail carving chisel to make the stitch groove, well worth the one hour effort to make it.

Cheers Shewie for altering the spelling mistake.

Last edited:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thank you Simon mate, I am going to get some from Le Prevo along with some other stuff as I am making covers for all my sharps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE