A couple of new blades

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The handled one is 3.5mm O1 and the other is 52100 not checked thickness of this but seem to recall it being 5.2mm.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
G10 rather than micarta. I love micarta but the fibres allow it to soak up moisture and dirt.

I'd go with some more of that coarse peel ply that's already fitted. Might need to go slightly less coarse on the peel ply on a chopper though.

mikey.elefant

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
israel
Thank you for the link. I do have it and I have been buying blades from Duncan for three years now. I know he's busy that's why I asked here since it is easier to post a quick reply.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You could try either Dunc, who buys large sheets, or GPS Agencies. Phone and ask GPS Agencies though cos Matt never updates the website :rolleyes:

What is the steel on those babies ? FGYT, do you have any more of these ? Is this a one of a kind ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

The handled one is 3.5mm O1 and the other is 52100 not checked thickness of this but seem to recall it being 5.2mm.

well 4/ 10 ;)

the small one is 4.5mm RWL34 stainless one of 2 blanks I had hand made back at the beginning of the DSP design. so now he has a full set of small med and large DSP's just the XL (long) to get now :D

the large one is 5.8mm 52100 and was the second blade I cut as a custom version of the Nessy I usually have a seconds cut if on doing a custom incase of problems in finishing and as a ref later this one wasn't supposed to see the light of day But Jonnyboy has been on about my Nessmuk's for a few years now so felt after all the perseverance he deserved this special one tho i may use the blade size it wont ever be on the handle profile again (fits nicely on my Mil bushy Handle shape tho )

peel ply wound be suitable as its flat for the texture so would get sanded off in shaping and would rip your hands up if you left it on flat you could stack it on some 1/4" OG g10 for the thickness

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106846

xlnessycustomb.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE