A couple of neckers i just finished !

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I,ve been messing about with these wee neckers for a whiles , i finished the antler one a couple of weeks back and just finished the other today , i think the wood is amboyna which has a very nice feel and nicer in the flesh ,i got some scaling on these when i heat treated them which i liked so i left it on . sorry about the crap pics again , thanks for looking .
Picture2650.jpg

Picture2647.jpg

Picture2649.jpg

Last edited:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
They're both nice but I really like the antler one, nice pointy tip for whittlin'. Nice one!

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Thanks peeps , i was starting to think they were pure mince 83 views and no replys :yikes::yikes::headbang: i will need to learn some basic photography skills as the pics are not so good.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
both very nice ,..lovely lines,...

i get that "scaling" sometimes ,

cant tell if its exactly the same as i get but i,m told its due to the steel being in the coals amidst the oxygen burning part,

i was told if i want to avoid it, to deepen the coal bed and heat the steel in the coal where the oxygen has depleted,..

but i like it too,....and i left it on a blade for a friend ,....

cheers

Stu

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I prefer the stag one myself the amboyna is a bit square looking for my taste.

You need to check the minimum focus distance of your camera as the only thing in focus is the background you can just crop them later fo a closer view.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Thats what i,m led to believe as well Stu , but i like it on these neckers poor mans Damascus lol.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
Thanks peeps , i was starting to think they were pure mince 83 views and no replys :yikes::yikes::headbang: i will need to learn some basic photography skills as the pics are not so good.

what camera have you may be able to help?
your work deserves a good pic

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
its just a wee samsung L600 Buddy.

The camera is fine the bits that are in focus are sharp and the colours look OK and the exposure is good. You need to read the manual and find the minimum focus distance and the shots will be just fine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE