A couple of knives i have made, the missing link. and my first sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
This is a knife i made for a customer, i call the missing link, this was hollow ground, 5 mill o1, 8 1/2 inch long, and 4 inch blade, this has been ground by hand no jigs no platen, and my first attempt at hollow grinding, to be honest i was crapping me self, but i got there, it has tuffmol scales and stainless hardware.
as this was my first sale i decided to make the customer a special sheath for it.
this is not perfect, and im still learning i no its not to the standard to some of the knife makers on here, but this is my 3rd knife completed, and trying me best.
hope you like it guys.

IMG_5440 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_5444 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_5454 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
he also bought this knife from me, this 4 mill 01, flat ground.
i put my stippling on this, and had a crack at sculpting the scales.

knife i made. by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_5484 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_5479 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.
oh and another couple of commisions i have just finished.

IMG_5473 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
baldric carry.

IMG_5462 by lucky_lee, on Flickr

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Great stuff Lee, love the second one, I've never seen scales like that before and the partly polished blade looks awesome! And as usual great leatherwork too, looking forward to the next batch of your work.
Thanks for posting,

paddy

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
bloomin love that second knife Lee what a beaut! and nice sheaths too, got that same basket stamp a few months ago and now Fionn wants it on everything i make her tis a bugger to get it bang on like you have there
thanks mate, its not as easy as it looks mate, the best advice i can give, is its like brick work once you set them first few bricks, the rest will follow, hope that makes sense mate.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That baldric-carry sheath is elegant simplicity at it's best; lovely work!........................atb mac

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
That baldric-carry sheath is elegant simplicity at it's best; lovely work!........................atb mac
thank you very much, to get those slots just right is a pain this customer gave me the dimensions for this also, 50 mill slot 5 mill wide, so i had to keep this to the tolerances also, which is fun when working with leather, no so bad with steel, but leather is another beast but pulled it of in the end.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Nice work Lee. :)

How did you find the hollow grind to do? I've never had a crack at one myself.
hi mate, not so bad, once i put the channel in, it seems to flow from there bud, it was just taking my time to grind that first channel nice and strait bud, i no that will make sense bud.
take care.
lee.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Beautiful work. Excuse my ignorance, but how do you hollow grind a knife by hand?

Z
hi mate, you take the blank, and offer it to the contact wheel, and hold it striat and steady, and keep making passes untill you have what you in my pic mate, hope that helps bud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE